Wow, where has the time gone. We are having such a wonderful time enjoying Linc and Mac that its hard to remember, and find the time, to blog about how amazing life is with them. Since February we have been to New York twice and, enjoyed Memorial Day and the 4th of July and ... THE BOYS TURNED ONE! I can't believe it. When they were born I couldn't imagine that they would grow up so fast.
Now that they are up and moving they are really showing their personalities. Mac is our thinker. He likes to sit back and watch everything go down before he makes a move. He is wary of strangers and takes significantly longer to warm up to people than Lincoln. Macs favorite thing is his stuffed "Milty" the Moose, even at 14 months, he cannot sleep without it. Macs favorite activity is swimming - he is my water baby through and through. It doesn't matter if its the bath tub (in which he flops onto his belly and starts laughing so hard he gets coughing and then goes right back to the fun), the baby pool (where he sticks his head under the water and then comes up with a look on his face like "how did I do that?") or his absolute favorite - the pool. The real pool. Mac likes to try to push his way out of my arms so that he can put his face in the water and tries to swim away from me. One thing that holds true across all water related settings is Macs love of splashing - My Mac, he loves the water!
Lincoln, where do I start. We have said since birth that Lincoln, like his Auntie DJ, "thinks life is a joke!" Although both the boys are equally happy, Lincoln never stops laughing. From the moment I walk into their room in the morning till I put him in bed at night; Lincoln laughs non stop. Life is so funny and he certainly enjoys every second. No doubt, Lincolns favorite activity is laughing and making everyone around him laugh. He is the kid that piles food on top of his head at meal time just to get his brother laughing. He chases the cats around the house, while laughing, and pauses only long enough to catch his breath before continuing. Linc is our comedian, and its not just that he thinks that he is funny...he truly is funny. The most wonderful times of my day is listening to him and Mac laugh at one another. Lincolns favorite thing is (at night) his stuffed gator "Andy" but during the day he loves 'Little People' and his favorite two (one in each hand) is a baby Jesus and Noah. Lincoln also enjoys swimming, but really prefers to hold on tight - which I find funny because he is so out going in every other way.
The ways that the boys are similar. Well, they love the ladies. I cannot go out for a walk/run with them with out seeing their chubby little hands fly out the side of the jogger to wave at every girl/lady/woman/older woman we pass. They are both sweet. Not the sweet like, "oh did you see that...they are so sweet" I mean they are sweet in the way that they hold you so tight you think you might melt right into them. They are sweet in that they go out of their way to catch your eye to smile at you. The way they look out for one another, share their toys and food - its just sweet. But, my favorite sweet thing about Lincoln and McCann Whitney is at night when we put them in the same crib and they laugh while they play until they get sleepy and then they lay down next to one another so that they can drink their milk and snuggle. Most of the time, this includes holding hands. There is something about these two that is so incredible I find myself telling Ryan "I wish they were back in my belly." They are so delicious and precious that I never want to be away from them.


This is so nice Meghan! The love those two boys have for each other is so special! MY heart melts every time I see a picture of the two of them together. You can see just in pictures how SWEET they are!!
ReplyDelete