...The life and times of The Whitney Family

Welcome. We started this blog in an effort to keep our friends and family up to date on the development of our beautiful twin boys, Lincoln and Mac, as well as the events of our daily lives. We invite you to read the blog as you wish, leave comments and enjoy our sweet boys! Love, Meg and Ryan



Friday, March 5, 2010

Babies Shower

In New York I received a huge surprise. While I intended on spending a chilly Saturday morning shopping with my father and afternoon taking pictures with my sister Carrie I was greatly surprised when the planned events of the day resulted in the most thoughtful, love filled Babies Shower. When my father and I arrived at Carries house for, what I thought was an afternoon of photographing; I was surprised to enter a house full of food and my immediate family. My mom, Tara and Carrie had created a spread of fresh fruit, stuffed grape leaves, chicken, meatballs, assorted cheese, crackers, cakes, cookies, cupcakes, homemade chocolates reading “It’s a boy”…the list goes on and on!
As I greeted my guests from immediate to extended family and my amazing lifelong friends it occurred to me how much everyone loved me and, as a result, Lincoln and Mac – “Long before they were born,” “Sight unseen,” they all knew they “loved them before they met them.” The idea that Mac and Linc, two precious little boys I had been in love with long before their existence, were so loved and the anticipation of their arrival was so great filled me with happiness.
Needless to say, my mother, sisters and the presence of family and friends resulted in an amazing Babies Shower and I am happy to share the photos and video with you all. To my family and friends, thank you for your kindness, love and support. I am so excited for the arrival of the boys and looking forward to watching them grow with the love and support you all have always shown me.



Presents: These boys are so spoiled



Every guest wrote a birthday card for Mac and Lincoln for their 1st to 21st birthdays. Here are a few folks working on their secret birthday wishes for the boys!







Its not a Holligan party without AMAZING eats. The boys and I really enjoyed the goat cheese!



The Holligans



"Its a boy"...To double this statement you had to eat two, at least that is what I did!


The other activity: The guests wrote night time messages to Mac and Linc inside books. Hopefully they will love to read as much as I do. We have alread started reading the books to them which they seems to enjoy as they kick their way through story time.


The super cute necklace my sister Carrie gave me, it reads "Oh Baby Baby"






No comments:

Post a Comment