...The life and times of The Whitney Family

Welcome. We started this blog in an effort to keep our friends and family up to date on the development of our beautiful twin boys, Lincoln and Mac, as well as the events of our daily lives. We invite you to read the blog as you wish, leave comments and enjoy our sweet boys! Love, Meg and Ryan



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Per Carries Request


As you all know I am not a meal eater. I much prefer to make dinner out of a head of broccoli and a couple slices of cheese, or breakfast of strawberries, some cheerios and a glass of soy milk. However, consuming the nutrients needed to grow these two boys has resulted in a more balanced and, dare I say, adult like diet. One of my favorites, which is limited during pregnancy, is salmon. Ryan brought me some the other day and, with a strong desire to get off the couch for more than a bathroom trip, I decided to get creative. My creativity resulted in an amazing meal. Ryan, who does not eat fish, tomato's or brussel sprouts was unable to confirm this so I showed the picture off to my sister who insisted I post the very simple recipe on the blog. I am not a recipe girl so excuse the format...I will try my hardest to make it useful. Here we go:


Salmon:
Cover salmon with your favorite seasoning and lemon slices.
Wrap salmon in foil and place on pan (the water/juice in the salmon will steam it)
Cook on medium low until salmon reaches desired consistency (I prefer medium-well)


Tomato and Brussel Sprout Salad with Cheese:
Steam brussel sprouts
Cut brussel sprouts into quarters and place in pan on medium heat
Cut one medium size tomato into bite size pieces and place in pan with sprouts
Heat for approximately 3 minutes
Season lightly with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning
Sprinkle with cheese (I used Colby but I am sure it would taste great with whatever you
have available) and keep in pan until cheese is melted

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOMEE! Your meal looks fab! I am gonna try my hand at it this week, but I'll substitute the salmon for tilapia, and the brussle sprouts for asparagus...since that's what I have on hand. I will let you know how your fancy feast translates in my kitchen. Thanks sooo much for posting the recipe (and the pic....you know how I love my food photos).

    Oh, and since you're now taking post requests, I demand you show the world how adorable you looked in your Easter dress!

    Pwah!

    ReplyDelete