...The life and times of The Whitney Family

Welcome. We started this blog in an effort to keep our friends and family up to date on the development of our beautiful twin boys, Lincoln and Mac, as well as the events of our daily lives. We invite you to read the blog as you wish, leave comments and enjoy our sweet boys! Love, Meg and Ryan



Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I knew I was pregnant but ... This is awesome


November 2, 2009: Today we heard the news that not only are we expecting but we are blessed with two beautiful baby boys.
Ryan and I have always tossed around potential baby names and had settled on Lincoln some time ago so today 'Baby A' is officially known as Lincoln Frederick Whitney. However, we are at a complete loss as to what to name 'Baby B' (who we soon begin to lovingly refere to as 'Baby Bea'). We continued to throw names around including Watson, Winston, Edison, Grant, Noah and Henry but had trouble agreeing on a name that we were both equally crazy about and sounds right with Lincoln. My name is Meghan McCann. My great grandfather was Frederick McCann, my grandmother was Anna Mae McCann and my father is Frederick. I have always loved the name McCann and was proud of the history the name contained and mentioned the possibility of naming 'Baby Bea' McCann. Initially, Ryan was not interested in the name and we continued on our search, welcoming numerous suggestions from friends and family - who were more than happy to assist us. On November 22, 2009 during an 11 hour drive to our new home in Cleveland, OH Ryan and I began talking about a name for 'Baby Bea' and I, once again, mentioned McCann and Ryan agreed. Lincoln Frederick is named after my father Frederick and McCann Russell is named after Ryans father Richard Russell.

1 comment: