...The life and times of The Whitney Family

Welcome. We started this blog in an effort to keep our friends and family up to date on the development of our beautiful twin boys, Lincoln and Mac, as well as the events of our daily lives. We invite you to read the blog as you wish, leave comments and enjoy our sweet boys! Love, Meg and Ryan



Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sex for a clean kitchen, or not

Its been a few days. Ryan has been keeping me busy with 'honey do' lists which include everything from paying bills to tracking down mail that has gotten lost in the move. Although I have not overly enjoyed my daily list it has been keeping me busy and adding some kind of routine to my life outside of quilting and my daily dose of 'Bringing Home Baby" (a TLC program that somewhat holds my attention on the days when I am too sick to get out of bed).

I am thrilled to note that I have managed to feel well enough to get out of bed and be productive for the past two days which has allowed me to go to the grocery store, attend a mommy meeting and make poor Ryan his first home cooked meal in weeks - chicken pot pie which received a positive review. I however, was not a huge fan....Not the meal to make when just getting back on my feet after months of getting sick. There was something about pulling meat off the bone that took away my desire to enjoy the meal that I spent two hours making.

After dinner I headed to my Mommy group where I enjoyed the company of some great girls and an amazing hot chocolate. The group, which meets monthly to discuss fund raising, plan events and discuss 'topics of interest' also meets for 'Moms night out', a movie night, book club and weekly play dates. The topic of interest discussed lastnight was 'Moms Mojo.' The title alone made me giggle as I pictured myself seducing Ryan in clothing resembling Austin Powers with my big gut hanging out of a ruffled shirt. However, I found myself laughing even harder when we began discussing ways to get our husbands to help out around the house and basically get the hint when assistance is needed. I must say that I am rather lucky with Ryan who has always been very helpful but as I was driving home I was considering my options towards using this approach to my maximum advantage. However, when I arrived home Ryan was sound asleep (yes, the same way I left him two hours prior), the dinner mess still covered the kitchen and I couldnt help but laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment